Set top boxes support bundled video channel services delivery. Bundling continues to have widespread appeal as a way to fund the creation of video entertainment that has broad appeal. Next generation set top boxes and home IP gateway devices offer significant IP based functionality to the home. Set top boxes are useful particularly in the US and China where there is widespread adoption of the cable TV services delivery. With the cable video business model spreading worldwide bundled programming is anticipated to continue to have appeal. Markets are poised for significant growth. Video content is proliferating.
The channel offerings bring compelling content that can only be produced under the current business model. They provide a valuable connectivity between the cable services provider content and the home HD TV. While it is nice to think that everyone will pay for a media player or media gateway that offers more functions, in truth, the separate IMING set top box is functional, low cost, and performs a valuable services delivery vehicle.
New types of entertainment and sports oriented services are coming into the home and internet. The ability to enhance channel access with HD TV Internet access promises to have broad appeal. The Internet promises to enhance sports programming with information about the game and players delivered over a devices while a channel is being watched. Information at the same time as a program will be enticing. Others watch programs using a single network available on different devices supporting moving to different parts of the home. New cloud services open more efficient ways to deliver those capabilities to everyone. Set top boxes play a continuing key role in enabling HD TV.
At the high end, set top box markets are migrating in part to next generation solutions with an integrated multimedia device offering entertainment to the entire home. A cloud model is different. The cloud is very appealing and being implemented by several services providers, assuring continued proliferation of set top boxes for a long time to come. Bundled channels of video have been a compelling business model replacing broadcast TV free channels with bundles of paid channel packages. This bundled programming model is anticipated to continue to thrive as Internet services are added to the TV set.
Video communication is increasing in importance. Video content is replacing voice, data, text, and print media in many instances. Educational video is evolving a more significant place in the teaching of students. News video is proliferating. Video is being used to accomplish remote healthcare services delivery. These uses of video over the Internet will leverage HD TV devices, complementing the current bundled entertainment programming business model.
The IMING Web TV HD Box Product Description
iMing Web TV HD Box is a home entertainment center that does everything one needs and can imagine for the Set-Top Box industry:
[ click here for the brochure ]
- Simply connects to a client TV or Computer Monitor and home AV system;
- Through client home Wi-Fi, one can enjoy unlimited numbers of HD movies, sports, tv shows, music in the gigantic database with constant update;
- The iMing Web TV HD Box is able to play all videos, music and photo in any format via USB port, SD/MMC card or SATA;
- One can even install a 2.5" harddisk inside the box for recording and playing files;
- The box also support the latest format: 1080P Full HD decoding, S/PDIF7.1.DTS decoding and HDMI 1.3
New Smart TV run on Android with 3D Graphic and Full 1080p Resolution
iMing Smart TV Specification:
- Video: MPEG1/2/4- up to 1,920 x 1,080 pixels /H.264- up to 1,920 x 1,080 pixels / VC1/WMV- up to 1,920 x 1,080 pixels /Real Player Video 8/9/10- up to 1,280 x 720 pixels.
- Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, Dolby digital, DTS.
- Photo: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF.
- IR Infrared remote control sensor.
- Card Reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards.
- USB: 3 way High speed USB 2.0 host.
- Ethernet: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45.
- Audio: Stereo: L/R.
- Video: YCbCr/YPbPr: up to 1080p; CVBS:480I/576I.
- HDMI: HDMI 1.3:up to 1080p.
- Ethernet/USB Wifi/USB 3G: Support Google Market, Browser, Online Music, photo and Video.
Smart Phone Accessories Market - Coming Soon.
Turns your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android smartphones into a Powerful Universal Remote to control all your devices.
Controls your devices such as TV, DVD, VCR, Home Theater, Blu-ray, Cable Boxes, Satellite Boxes, Receivers, etc.
using your iPhone (Android coming soon)